So this is what I am doing now. It’s partly a tool for reflecting on my priorities and partly a cool way to share what I am into with friends. You should keep one too. So as of the week of January 15, 2017
- Most importantly, I am waiting to hear back about my development grant for When We Fall
- I am deep into revisions on the screenplay
- I am preparing for the film department’s first auditions
- I am reading an excellent book by Michael Eric Dyson
- I amDeveloping a ergodic textual interpretation of This Child Will Be Great by Ellen Johnson Sirleaf with a bunch of students.
- A new semester at Johns Hopkins is afoot, so there’s that too.
Tagsadvice aesthetics Art Books education Facebook Fear Fiction Film Fitzgerald food Hemingway Investing John Berger Johns Hopkins Literacy literary Literature non-ficiton Northrop Frye Personal Philip Roth Philosophy Poetics Poetry point of view Politics Publishing Reading Reddit Robert Frost Saul Zaentz Screenwriting Story Tarkovsky Teaching techniques The Great Gatsby The New Yorker Theory unwritten Virtual reality W.G. Sebald Writers writing