May 2009 Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, MD
MA, Zanvyl Krieger School of Arts and Sciences,
May 2002 The City University of New York Flushing, NY
M.Ed. Queens College
Concentration: English Education
May 1996 New York University New York, NY
BA, College of Arts and Sciences,
• “The Sluice.” Baltimore Review. Winter (2009): Print.
• “The Death of Tarzan.” Potomac Review. Winter (2009): n. page. Print.
• “The Synchronist.” Hobo Panckaes. (Spring 2015): online
• “The Gift: A Prologue to Appalachian Spring” performed at the Baltimore School for the Arts: May 2013”
• “Love Where your Live.” JCDowntown Magazine. April/May (2007): Print.
• “Defenders of the Faith: How Community Reading Programs are Changing the Way We Read.” Baltimore Review. Summer (2009): Print.
• “The Artist as Narrative in Secondary Education.” 34th Annual Conference on Social Theory, Politics, and the Arts. University of Baltimore. Baltimore. 18 Oct 2008. Address.
• “The Founders” (2014) Writer/Director www.thefoundersproject.com 44min.
• “The Audition”(2015) Writer/Director 12 min
“When We Fall” 120 pp. Genre: Romance (Finalist Saul Zaentz Incubator at Johns Hopkins University)
Permanent Certification English 7-12 State of New York 2003
Advanced Professional Certificate in English 7-12 State of Maryland 2016
AP Language & Composition Course Certification
BCPSS Model Teacher Certification (valid through 2017)
June 2007 – Present Baltimore School for the Arts Baltimore, MD
July 2016 – Present Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, MD
Sept 1998 – June 2006 Deer Park U.F.S.D. Deer Park, NY
June 2002- June 2006 Syracuse University Syracuse, NY
Off-site instructor, Project Advance Program
Sept 2012 – present Baltimore City Schools Baltimore, MD
Literacy Representative, Instruction Leadership Team
June 2004- June 2006 Syracuse University Syracuse, NY
Cabinet member, Project Advance Program
May 2005 – June 2006 Deer Park Teacher’s Association Deer Park, NY
Vice-President of Secondary Schools
May 2004 – June 2005 Deer Park Teacher’s Association Deer Park, NY
- The Courage to Follow
- How to Study Physics
- Something there is that doesn’t love a wall
- Waiting for the money
- Angel Kristi Williams
- Respect The Ripple
- A Reading Challenge
- When Old Poems Feel New Again
- Wrestling with the Angel
- Who gets to tell the story?
- Regarding Election Day
- The Future of Storytelling Festival (Part I)
- Worth Reading: Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart
- Saul Zaentz Incubator Here I Come
- If “Celebrate” Isn’t Part of the Plan, then the Project has Failed.
Tagsadvice aesthetics Art Books education Facebook Fear Fiction Film Fitzgerald food Hemingway Investing John Berger Johns Hopkins Literacy literary Literature non-ficiton Northrop Frye Personal Philip Roth Philosophy Poetics Poetry point of view Politics Publishing Reading Reddit Robert Frost Saul Zaentz Screenwriting Story Tarkovsky Teaching techniques The Great Gatsby The New Yorker Theory unwritten Virtual reality W.G. Sebald Writers writing