Sometimes I go through periods where I hate music. The noise. The intensity of emotion. It makes me looney. So then I go through a period of listening to podcasts. But just as night follows day, I get sick of people talking. At such times, I need fresh music.
Yesterday, I discovered Los Angeles based TV Girl. Check them out here. Their sound is new, but still familiar somehow. Modern, but generous. Also, I am kind of a sucker for albums with a theme. In this case, it’s sex. Their PG-13 lyrics are smart, funny, and incisive.
No related posts.
- The Courage to Follow
- How to Study Physics
- Something there is that doesn’t love a wall
- Waiting for the money
- Angel Kristi Williams
- Respect The Ripple
- A Reading Challenge
- When Old Poems Feel New Again
- Wrestling with the Angel
- Who gets to tell the story?
- Regarding Election Day
- The Future of Storytelling Festival (Part I)
- Worth Reading: Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart
- Saul Zaentz Incubator Here I Come
- If “Celebrate” Isn’t Part of the Plan, then the Project has Failed.
Tagsadvice aesthetics Art Books education Facebook Fear Fiction Film Fitzgerald food Hemingway Investing John Berger Johns Hopkins Literacy literary Literature non-ficiton Northrop Frye Personal Philip Roth Philosophy Poetics Poetry point of view Politics Publishing Reading Reddit Robert Frost Saul Zaentz Screenwriting Story Tarkovsky Teaching techniques The Great Gatsby The New Yorker Theory unwritten Virtual reality W.G. Sebald Writers writing